Online Undergraduate Tuition
The tuition rate for online courses for the 2017-18 academic year (starting August 21, 2017) is $490 per credit hour. This low cost reflects a 40% discount off of the regular, undergraduate tuition price for the 2017-18 academic year (begins August 2017).
There are no additional fees beyond tuition and books.
Online Graduate Tuition
The tuition rate for graduate online courses may vary by course and program. The tuition for the Master of Arts in Criminal Justice is $490 per credit hour. The tuition rate for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) is $630 per credit hour. There are no additional fees beyond tuition and books.
Mount Mercy University accepts tuition reimbursement from employees and employers who have the benefit available to them. Students receiving tuition reimbursement are allowed up to 45 days after course completion to pay their tuition.
Mount Mercy University’s partnerships in the local business community allow us to offer a 10% tuition discount to online degree students who are employees of the following organizations:
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Mercy Hospital (Iowa City)
- Department of Corrections
- Frontier Co-op
- Kirkwood Community College (Discount amounts are program specific, please contact us for more details)
- Mercy Medical Center (Cedar Rapids)
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Van Meter Inc.
Students enrolled in Mount Mercy’s online programs are eligible to apply for federal and state financial aid.* To qualify for financial aid, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be accepted for admission into the online program as a degree-seeking student
- Be enrolled at least half-time for each semester in which loans are to be received
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for most federal and state programs. Mount Mercy’s School Code is 001880. The FAFSA must be completed for each new academic year.
- Iowa applicants must submit their FAFSA by July 1st to be eligible for State of Iowa funds.
- New students must inform the Student Financial Services Office of their interest in receiving financial aid once they are registered for coursework at Mount Mercy.
*Online students are not eligible for institutional scholarships.
Veterans, thank you for your service to our nation! We are honored that you are considering Mount Mercy University for your educational journey. Veteran education benefits can be used for any of our online programs. Our financial aid experts will help you navigate all the financial resources available to you as a veteran. Our staff is honored to help veterans and their families take full advantage of the following: