Online Bachelor of Science: Nursing (RN to BSN)
Full-time students can complete our RN-BSN program in 18-24 months!
Mount Mercy University’s RN to BSN completion program is tailored for RNs who are interested in returning to college for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The program is designed to include the granting of credit for past learning and takes into consideration the needs of adult learners. Applicants to the RN-BSN program must hold a current, active RN license.
Graduates of the program will:
- Integrate knowledge derived from liberal arts, science, and nursing in professional nursing practice
- Implement appropriately selected nursing interventions
- Embrace the culture of the profession of nursing
- Engage in experiences that promote personal and professional growth
- Respect the value and dignity of human life
Students choose Mount Mercy because they value the university’s reputation for offering high-quality educational experiences. The faculty have a vast amount of teaching experience in the online learning environment, and the program focuses on meeting the educational needs of the working professional nurse. Faculty members are highly accessible to students, and often respond to student inquiries, questions, and concerns within 24 hours. The five-week block format allows students to focus on one class at a time, yet complete three classes within a semester.
- Session start and length: 5 and 10-week sessions
- Classes are asynchronous (students are not required to log in at a certain day or time). However, there are weekly deadlines that keep students engaged and on track with their course progress.
- Interactivity: Discussion forums, written assignments, project-based work (both group and individual), online quizzes and exams.
- Communication style: Depending on the individual instructor, there are opportunities for live video chat, phone conferencing, and email assistance as requested by the individual student.
RN-BSN Major Requirements*
- NU 242: Concepts in Baccalaureate Education
- NU 230: Pharmacotherapeutics
- NU 425: Pathophysiology/Assessment/Genetics
- NU 470: Population Based Nursing
- NU 471: Professional Aspects of Nursing
- NU 472: RN-BSN Practicum Seminar
*In addition to these major requirements, RN-BSN students must also satisfy Mount Mercy’s core curriculum requirements and complete a minimum of 123 credit hours.
Additional Admission Requirements for the RN to BSN Program
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing from a regionally accredited college
- Current, active RN license
- Employed at least half-time in the nursing field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for conditional admission)
Mount Mercy University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The RN-BSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Need more information? Contact us at (855) 815-6276 or email@example.com.