Online Bachelor of Science: Health Care Administration
At Mount Mercy University, we combine core leadership principles with established business curriculum, providing Health Care Administration graduates with leadership skills for a variety of professional settings.
Operating in a hybrid world of business and health care, our graduates earn the best possible education in a diverse, in-demand, and ever-growing profession from faculty who still work in the field they teach—giving students essential hands-on experience through experiential learning opportunities.
“A degree in Health Care Administration from Mount Mercy provided me with an education designed to promote problem solving and risk management, both key elements in any health care provider’s operations. One of the most beneficial aspects of this degree was the opportunity to learn from experienced industry veterans. They provided a framework for applying learned concepts into real-world examples that can be critiqued and reviewed.” —Michael Proudfit ’15 (Internal Auditor, Mercy Medical Center)
Graduates from our Health Care Administration program will be well suited to enter the workforce with one of Eastern Iowa’s top health care employers, including:
- • UnityPoint Health, St. Luke’s Hospital
- • Mercy Medical Center
- • Mercy Iowa City
- • University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- • Physicians Clinic of Iowa
For students who wish to take their education to the next level, Mount Mercy offers an online MBA, which pairs excellently with our Bachelor’s in Health Care Administration to help students become well rounded and highly sought-after in the health care field.
Our B.S. in Health Care Administration is now available 100% online for ultimate convenience and flexibility, with accelerated 5- and 10-week courses.
Mount Mercy University accepts tuition reimbursement from employees and employers who have the benefit available to them. Students receiving tuition reimbursement are allowed up to 45 days after course completion to pay their tuition.
- BA 270: Business Statistics
- BA 203: Principles of Law
- BA 250: Technology & Communication in Business
- BA 379: Financial Management
- BA 436: Business Strategy Seminar
- BC 265: Principles of Accounting I
- BC 266: Principles of Accounting II
- BK 208: Principles of Marketing
- BN 204: Principles of Management
- EC 251: Macroeconomics
- EC 252: Microeconomics
- MA 130: Finite Math
Health Care Core
- BN 304: HR Management
- BA 305: Employment Law
- HS 200: Organization of Health Care Services
- HS 201: Quality Patient/Residential Care
- HS 320: Health Care Law, Regulation & Compliance
- HS 415: Health Care Informatics
- HS 430: Finance in Health Care
- HS 450: Internship
Select 1 of the following:
- PO 326: Politics & Public Policy
- PO 342: Politics & Public Administration
- PO 353: Politics & Economic Policy
- PS 349: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Students must complete Mount Mercy’s core curriculum plus elective hours to satisfy the minimum credit hours required for graduation.